« Home | What a Day! » | Pickn' Up » | Sunday Reminder » | Weird Week » | Maggie Moo's » | Good Tuesday Morning.... » | Partnership Applications » | Got virb? » | Looking Back... » | What about these temps? »

I Just Love This.....

Sundays are always exciting days around Crossroads.

I really look forward to talking with people after the services, especially someone who has visited Crossroads for the first time. One of the reasons I like talking to the first timers is that they usually give you very honest feedback and its usually very positive.

But every now and then you get someone who must have walked in thinking it was going to be church as usual and they get their pants blown off them! I had one of these conversations this past Sunday. They came in evidently knowing nothing about how excited we are to use the different mediums we have available to us and communicate the unchanging (truth doesn't change)truths of the Gospel. One of my close friends and a regular attender now at Crossroads told me this, "it took me two times, the first time I was really blown away with all that was going on, the second time I was hooked."

This ain't your Grandmothers church! Never will be!

Now let me say that there is nothing wrong with Grandmothers church, it's just that we know we are called to do things a little differently. So if you are all into truth but not into tradition, then Crossroads is going to be a place where you are going to feel right at home.

"Grandmother, can you pass the fried chicken.....I got to get back to church!"

About me

  • I'm Randy S. Cook
  • From Lebanon, Tennessee, United States
  • Lead Pastor, Crossroads. While I am the Lead Pastor for Crossroads Community Church, the views expressed here are mine and not necessarily theirs, and some of them I just copied from people who really have an idea of what they're doing! Ha!!
My profile