« Home | Why, Why, Why? »

A Little History on Me

If you want to know a little about me, then this is it. The next few paragraphs are going to give you a little history. I call it B.C.C.C., you know like A.D. and B.C. The B.C.C.C. stands for "Before Crossroads Community Church.

For those of you who know nothing about me, I am about to spill my guts and give you the low down about how I got to where I am today. It's a little like going back to school and the teacher telling you, "Randy, can you tell us about yourself?" So here we go.......

I was born in the great city of Nashville, where I lived until 1971. We moved to Lebanon and plugged into school and church. Being plugged into church was a real kick for me, I loved it and spent most of my time there during junior high, high school and college. I was a church going fool. My senior year in high school was when I was actually called into ministry, it was one of those walk the aisle and tell the preacher kind of deals. You know the one where they make you stand down front and everybody comes and shakes your hand.

Immediately after high school I started pursing my college education with ministry in mind but what happened shortly thereafter really sent me reeling. When I looked at the state of the local church I saw some really screwy things going on, I mean people were mean to each other and this was totally not what I wanted to be apart of so I bailed. Yeah, that's right. I said "God, thanks but no thanks, I know you called me but I'm headed another direction." So for about the next 20 plus years I worked and tried to make sense out of life.

During those 20 plus years, I married had great kids and even went into business for myself. Things seemed to be great but there was still this sense that I hadn't done what I was supposed to do. I must admit that as time went by God constantly reminded me of the call that He had on me. (I just never knew it would be starting a church from the ground up)

Early in 2000 I had an opportunity to sell my business interest and really spend time with my family. A couple of years into this hiatus, I realized that God was up to something. Little did I know that He wanted me to start this church.

Actually we began laying the foundation for what is now Crossroads in 2003 and its taken us this long to actually get where we are today. God has a great sense of humor.....one of the things I deal with the most is patience and man has this been pushing my buttons.

It's really been fun watching God bring this thing together and I must admit there have been some surprises along the way. Some of those have been good and some have not been so good, but all in all things are working out great.

Today was a little about me and the days to come will be more about Crossroads. I want to encourage you to sign-up on the Crossroads website for the email blast that we will begin sending out in the next week or so. These email blasts will be the primary communication tool that Crossroads uses to communicate to you whats going on.

Later.....

About me

  • I'm Randy S. Cook
  • From Lebanon, Tennessee, United States
  • Lead Pastor, Crossroads. While I am the Lead Pastor for Crossroads Community Church, the views expressed here are mine and not necessarily theirs, and some of them I just copied from people who really have an idea of what they're doing! Ha!!
My profile

Previous posts