« Home | Our # 1 Value » | What's in a Name? » | The Hill » | Most Asked Question » | What a thought! » | The Pic's » | A Little History on Me » | Why, Why, Why? »

Yesterday's News

As I wrestled myself out of bed on Sunday, I reached for the television remote so that I could catch up on what had been going on in the world while I slept.

"Breaking News," said the CNN anchor....."Reports out of Lexington, Kentucky indicate that a medium size passenger plane has crashed...we will bring you more on this as it becomes available." Nevertheless, I set glued to the television for at least a couple of hours. As details became available it was true, a Comair plane headed for Atlanta had crashed killing 49 of the 50 people that were on board.

The more I thought about those 49 people the more I wondered about where they were headed and what excitement had filled the morning as they prepared for their day. On that plane were a newlywed couple, a Habitat for Humanity board member and a businessman who took an early flight home so he could be with his children

The earthly lives of these 49 people were over, gone in an instant.

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. James 4:14 NIV

Yesterday's news just reminded me that I should live each day with God and eternity in mind.

About me

  • I'm Randy S. Cook
  • From Lebanon, Tennessee, United States
  • Lead Pastor, Crossroads. While I am the Lead Pastor for Crossroads Community Church, the views expressed here are mine and not necessarily theirs, and some of them I just copied from people who really have an idea of what they're doing! Ha!!
My profile