« Home | Why I Don't Pray » | Monday Morning » | It's Sunday Again » | Sundays Weather » | For Your Information (needless) » | Why Does the Church Screw Up So Many Words? » | That's Gotta Hurt » | What A Place » | Opportunities » | Crossroads Q & A »

Here You Go!

Ok, so last week I told you that I was going to address the church or people in the church using certain words and screwing them up....so here you go.

I am so tired of hearing people use words and making the rest of us assume that they have or that their church "has" the definition of a word down. What I'm saying is that when they use this particular word, their definition is the only definition, it's the right definition.

For years I have seen words used by church people to mean what they want them to mean and that was the gospel....nothing else mattered except what they said.

What I have to say to you is, be careful....you can be doing a lot of damage to those unchurched people that you are around. When they are listening and your talking with this "authority" that you think you have about the definition of one of these words you could really be misleading. I have opted not to give examples because there are so many words that fall into this category. Just be careful, unchurched people are listening and you may be doing more harm than good.