« Home | Monday Morning » | It's Sunday Again » | Sundays Weather » | For Your Information (needless) » | Why Does the Church Screw Up So Many Words? » | That's Gotta Hurt » | What A Place » | Opportunities » | Crossroads Q & A » | This Week »

Why I Don't Pray

Perhaps this is why I don't pray and petition God as much as I should:

1. I'm over confident - as if I'm a pinch hitter for God.
2. I don't believe it could actually be answered in the first place.
3. Or maybe I'm not asking for enough hard things.

In 2 Kings 2, Elijah and Elisha are walking together. Elijah said to Elisha, "Ask what I shall do for you before I am taken from you." And Elisha responds, "I pray you, let a double portion of your spirit be upon me." Elijah fires back. "You have asked a hard thing..."

Maybe I need to ask harder things. Maybe I need to start asking God for things that actually cause him to do a double-take.

"You want me to heal that!?"
"You want to see how many souls saved this year!?"
"You want peace there!?"
"You want me to do that!?

Uh, yeah God, I do.


(I read the above from www.bradabare.com and thought it was worthy of letting you guys read)

Just my opinion...

I don't really think God would do a double take. If anything, He would be saying, "Finally, you are seeing me for who I really am - I AM!" We tend to put our human limitations on God.

Post a Comment