« Home | Shorts and Short Sleeves » | Snow White is still open » | I need your help » | Afternoon Reflections » | Today » | This Sunday » | Round and Round » | Big Time Reminder » | Jam Packed » | Sunday Reflections »

Sweet Spot

Many of you have had some great comments about the message from this past weekend.

The simple fact is that we are very upfront about who God has called Crossroads to be and if you feel that God is calling you to be apart, then we are going to expect you to find the area in which he has gifted you and serve. It's amazing to me how many Christians are always wanting someone else to do it....I mean have you read any of the New Testament?

If you're not sure where or what you're gifted to do, let me take the time and encourage you to try something. Ask someone in leadership where you are needed and give it a go. If that doesn't work then try something else. For some of you it's the only way you will ever find you're sweet spot.

I think many people are afraid to experiment because they might get stuck doing something that is not their "sweet spot". They help out to fill a need knowing that it is not where they are gifted, but also knowing that the needs have to be met. The problem is that the need continues to be a need, and the person is not free to serve in the area of his/her gifts and talents. Did I get you completely confused with that? How do avoid or deal with this situation?

You are right! In most places people volunteer and then maybe they find that this area is where they are gifted and then they are given the old guilt trip when they want to move on. Our desire is for those who don't know what area they should serve in, that we let them try and try until they find it.

I made an error...I meant to say "they find that this is an area where they are not gifted"

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Randy S. Cook
  • From Lebanon, Tennessee, United States
  • Lead Pastor, Crossroads. While I am the Lead Pastor for Crossroads Community Church, the views expressed here are mine and not necessarily theirs, and some of them I just copied from people who really have an idea of what they're doing! Ha!!
My profile