« Home | New Music » | What Makes Crossroads Different? » | Commitment » | Where Were You? » | Upcoming Stuff » | Construction Update » | Four Religious Truths » | Ad » | Baby Got..... » | Ever Wonder »

Do we all have an Agenda?

I don't know if you have been able to catch the reality show "Big Brother All Stars."

During the last few weeks these guys have done whatever (and I do mean whatever) it takes to try to get to the end and win the big money. As I have listened to each one give their take on why they came and did the show, I constantly here them say, "well we all have our own agenda."

Agenda....now just exactly what do they mean? If you look at the true definition of the word it simply means, " an underlying often ideological plan." I guess when I think about it I really have an agenda in most everything I do. The test I'm constantly put to is can I put down my agenda in favor of someone else.

I love what the apostle Paul said, "Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead." Philppians 2:3-4 The Message

Having an agenda is not a bad thing, we just need to be able to put other peoples agenda before our own. Isn't that what Jesus did?

About me

  • I'm Randy S. Cook
  • From Lebanon, Tennessee, United States
  • Lead Pastor, Crossroads. While I am the Lead Pastor for Crossroads Community Church, the views expressed here are mine and not necessarily theirs, and some of them I just copied from people who really have an idea of what they're doing! Ha!!
My profile