« Home | Commitment » | Where Were You? » | Upcoming Stuff » | Construction Update » | Four Religious Truths » | Ad » | Baby Got..... » | Ever Wonder » | Conversations » | "Runs House" »

What Makes Crossroads Different?

One of the things that we realized early on was the need for the church to be relevant. Relevant you ask? Just what do you mean by relevant?

Well here is one thing I think of when I think of relevant, "is the church helpful?"

Most churches today are empty because they are not helpful. Simply put, they are not meeting the needs of those who are attending so they inturn are not inviting their unchurched friends. I can't tell you how many times I have had a conversation with someone who currently is not attending and their response is, "I've tried to plug in and get involved but it just doesn't seem like the church has anything to offer me." Can you believe that most church leaders are hearing that comment on a regular basis and still failing to take the steps necessary to reverse that trend.

At Crossroads we have been very interested in creating every ministry environment with three things in mind. Is it appealing, engaging and helpful. We think that if we can say yes to those three things then we will have a relevant environment where the Holy Spirit is free to work in the hearts and lives of people.

That's one thing that makes Crossroads different!

About me

  • I'm Randy S. Cook
  • From Lebanon, Tennessee, United States
  • Lead Pastor, Crossroads. While I am the Lead Pastor for Crossroads Community Church, the views expressed here are mine and not necessarily theirs, and some of them I just copied from people who really have an idea of what they're doing! Ha!!
My profile