« Home | Great Lunch Spot » | Do we all have an Agenda? » | New Music » | What Makes Crossroads Different? » | Commitment » | Where Were You? » | Upcoming Stuff » | Construction Update » | Four Religious Truths » | Ad »

Check Your Gauges

I drive a 97 suburban. A few months back I was having to renew my tags so I headed out to wait in the dreaded (you know what I'm talking about) line so they could check my emissions. Little did I know that my check engine light had come on and so I instantly failed.

Doesn't it seem that life is just like that. We're motoring down life's highway just going about our business when our spiritual gauges are sending us all kinds of warnings, yet we fail to check them and then wonder why our engine overheats (spiritually speaking).

I was talking with a friend the other morning and he said, " you know the world just begin to crash all around me and that was when I realized that I had gotten so busy and I hadn't been doing my devotional time. It's amazing how things seemed to smooth out when I started spending time in God's word and in prayer like I knew I should ."

One of the three relationships that we encourage most at Crossroads is "intimacy with God." We believe that everyone should spend time alone with God every day. That time alone should include bible reading, devotion and prayer.

Let me encourage you to take some time each day and set it aside for just you and God. It may be in the morning or afternoon, it really doesn't matter. I guarantee it will make a difference!

About me

  • I'm Randy S. Cook
  • From Lebanon, Tennessee, United States
  • Lead Pastor, Crossroads. While I am the Lead Pastor for Crossroads Community Church, the views expressed here are mine and not necessarily theirs, and some of them I just copied from people who really have an idea of what they're doing! Ha!!
My profile