« Home | Check Your Gauges » | Great Lunch Spot » | Do we all have an Agenda? » | New Music » | What Makes Crossroads Different? » | Commitment » | Where Were You? » | Upcoming Stuff » | Construction Update » | Four Religious Truths »

See/Do

When I talk about spending time with God, one of the things that most people struggle with is reading their Bible. So many people say they can pray or read a devotional, but reading the Bible just puts them to sleep or it doesn't seem like its relevant to the life their living today.

Let me give you a little insight into why I thing it is so important.

I once heard a saying that went something like this, "if we see life as God sees, we will be more inclined to live life God's way."

When I first heard that it really made sense....but then I thought how can I see as God sees?

With a little help I figured it out, the only way I can truly see as God sees is to spend time alone with Him in His Word. Take time to read Psalms 119:97-113 and I think you can see how David valued the Word of God, you have to remember that he didn't even have all of the word that we have today.

One recommendation that I would make is that you read from a more contemporary translation such as the NIV or The Message. These translations help bring out a clearer understanding since they use more contemporary language.

I think you like David will, "understand life."