« Home | Great Eats » | Been Down » | Coming Up » | Great Food » | See/Do Part II » | See/Do » | Check Your Gauges » | Great Lunch Spot » | Do we all have an Agenda? » | New Music »

Community With Insiders (relationship #2)

When I think about a worship service I tend to think of them as a large groups. In worship type environments we usually experience great music and someone speaking. There never is much interaction with other people.

At Crossroads we believe that large group environments like worship are designed to be a step, never an end. They are not the places where we are going to get our needs met. We believe that every person should find a place in true authentic community and we know that will happen in "small groups" or as we refer to them as "community groups."

Community groups are groups of 4 to 6 couples or 5 to 8 individuals. This is a place where you will spend time in fellowship (eating! my favorite part...if you don't believe it just check out all my posts on eating), bible study and prayer. It is in this environment that we believe sustained life change occurs. In authentic community the masks come off.

The best place for you to be all God wants you to be is in the context of healthy relationships with other believers.

About me

  • I'm Randy S. Cook
  • From Lebanon, Tennessee, United States
  • Lead Pastor, Crossroads. While I am the Lead Pastor for Crossroads Community Church, the views expressed here are mine and not necessarily theirs, and some of them I just copied from people who really have an idea of what they're doing! Ha!!
My profile