« Home | See/Do » | Check Your Gauges » | Great Lunch Spot » | Do we all have an Agenda? » | New Music » | What Makes Crossroads Different? » | Commitment » | Where Were You? » | Upcoming Stuff » | Construction Update »

See/Do Part II

When I was younger I use to spend time reading my bible on a very irregular basis, I mean I would do it here and there. It was when I had time or made time. No time, no reading.

During the last few years I have found that what works best for me is scheduling a time that I can spend alone, just me, God and my bible. I prefer the morning, first thing out of the shoot. By scheduling this time I have found that it is part of my daily routine and what better way to start the day than spending time alone with God. It's during these times that He reveals Himself to me and in many ways He reveals things in me that I need to deal with.

Hebrews 4:12 says, "For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper that the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are." (NLT)

This verse alone reminds me of all that God can and will do if I will just spend time with Him.

"Intimacy with God" is one of the three relationships that Crossroads values and encourages each person to pursue.

Would you consider scheduling a specific time each day to spend alone with God. Try it for a week or so and see what happens.....

About me

  • I'm Randy S. Cook
  • From Lebanon, Tennessee, United States
  • Lead Pastor, Crossroads. While I am the Lead Pastor for Crossroads Community Church, the views expressed here are mine and not necessarily theirs, and some of them I just copied from people who really have an idea of what they're doing! Ha!!
My profile